Call: 07712 727856
Restoring Lives follows the Code of Conduct as set out by Counselling.Ltd. Counselling.Ltd. believes that the counselling relationship is not an equal relationship, and that the most important person in the relationship is the client and not the counsellor. The Code of Conduct below is based upon the premise that the counsellor will always act in the best interest of the client.
1. Counsellors will always act in the best interest of their clients.
2. The counselling relationship is for the benefit of the client, and the emotional well- being of the client will be the paramount concern of the counsellor.
3. The number of counselling sessions will be kept to the minimum required to achieve those aims negotiated with the client during the contractual relationship.
4. Each counsellor is obliged to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, and to inform the client about the purpose/s behind the processing of their Personal Data as well as explaining the safeguards in place to keep this data secure, private and confidential.
5. Total confidentiality will be maintained, subject only to the following exceptions:
a) Disclosures with the express permission of the client.
b) Disclosures where the counsellor believes serious harm may befall a third party.
c) Disclosures that would leave the counsellor liable to civil or criminal court procedure if not disclosed.
6. Counsellors will be subject to the 'CCC' complaints procedure.